Sunday, June 15, 2008

Imperfectly Beautiful




My favorite blog http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/ has invited us to share what is imperfectly beautiful in our homes. While I had many areas in my home to choose from, the piles of books around the house is the winner.



We have piles like this, right on the floor. My Brian and I are at least reading one, two maybe three books at a time, so is Nate (14 yr), plus we love read-alouds for the younger ones, then there is the various books we use for family devotion time. This is the room we pick up a book and just drop in a chair or the couch and so the books never seem to make it back to the shelf. Speaking of book shelfs (shelves?), I really only have one, that's why I actually have similar piles of books in other areas of the house as well! Its not that I cannot pick up a good book shelf at a yard sale, its just my house does not have the wall space to put a shelf against. Anyway, I love this beautiful mess!

9 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I agree, books are some of the best items to have piled!

Kristen said...

I love a great pile of books! I don't consider those to be a mess at all!

Kristi said...

I for one am happy to hear your family is finding so much joy in books! Beautiful!

Bonita said...

Can't think of a better way to decorate than with books! I have shelves, but still have piles of books. I think your imperfectly beautiful spot is perfectly charming!

Kitty Scraps said...

The gift of reading, what better gift for a child? I love books and have a closet full of them! lol

Party of 5 said...

I love books so that is MY kind of mess. Love it.

Corinne said...

Hey, a pile of books anywhere is always a beautiful thing!!

lazy susie said...

We have the stacks too! And the baskets and piles and explosions of books all over the house.

My young'uns are also 7-14. If you throw another girl in the middle and some hair on the man, we'd have matching families!

God bless!

Anonymous said...

A stack of well loved books is a sign of well loved children! I was a home-school mom once too. It brought back happy memories to see your mess!