Thursday, July 10, 2008

what do you love about Jesus?

That is the question that Margaret gave me in chapter three. Her answer - His beauty.

That was not the first answer that came to my mind. Other qualities such as unconditional love, mercy, grace, forgiveness, patience, wisdom.....beauty - here are some of her thoughts about the beauty of Jesus.

"Jesus invites me to come to him, know him, and gaze at his beauty. When I fix my eyes on him, then I can look at things in this world and better recognize which ones bear the fingerprints of the Creator. And I find myself worshiping the Maker of beauty rather than that which has merely been marked by beauty. Maybe that is why the Psalmist cries out. "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and seek him in his temple."

Whatever you fix your eyes on will become your standard."

1 comment:

Trixi said...

I can't wait to here more about this book. My list would have looked a lot like yours. Beauty would not have been my first thought. Thank you for sharing this.