Wednesday, November 12, 2008

drunkn' chicken

Got this cool piece of pottery as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago from my mom-in law. I had no clue what it was when I opened it - which was really quite fun :) It is a drunkn' chicken cooker......


just by adding beer to the center of the pottery.....


a little rosemary and garlic to the center of the chicken....(hopefully no blond hairs )


the chicken goes right on top of the liquid center.....cook for about 1 hour and you get this super moist chicken - every time - I use this all the time and it makes a great gift.
This is also known as "beer can chicken" and this cute girl shows how to make grilled chicken with the beer can in the center.

3 comments:

Miller Family said...

Oh my goodness Paula- we use to make this when we would go camping- although w/out this nifty gadget. It does make the BEST chx. I think Tony would like this gift.

Unknown said...

wow - holly - you are up early!

i have made beer can chicken before. you should have seen me in the grocery store asking to only buy one can. they announced on the speaker that i needed help and then looked at me baffled that I wanted one can!

I am Mom said...

Tracy - we dont drink beer at home and so I go to the clearance section at the back of the store and they have lots of single bottles and cans of beer (stater bros.) , perfect for when any recipe calls for beer :)thats funny!