Thursday, December 11, 2008

what a day

You never know how God is going to cheer you up.

went to work yesterday...
I got to be on a meeting with executives from .......


Oh. My. It was so much fun for me. Of course, I had to act cool. Try not to smile too much. Try not to gasp and say "oh my kids would love that. one time we went to Disneyland and...." I just sat back and enjoyed a little moment. In a fancy conference room. Being served coffee and scones. Being asked my opinion (again trying not to smile too much, or choke on my scone).

There are big things planned surrouning the Big D in Anaheim and I get to appraise the land. Yippee. This is going to fun.

got home and realized....

during this year of unemployment we have had the blessing of seeing God's provision in our lives. He has used our friends, famlily and today, our church in such a huge way. The care, concern and kindness is very touching.


The tears of happiness when the provision comes, the relief felt - during the pain, doubt, faith and trust that are constantly swrilling around in my heart and mind all day long. Its really been a wild year. I love that God is growing me up in Him.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Rose said...

This brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing Paula for you to be able to watch God work on your behalf...how precious! God cares for His children. I am so happy for you guys - what God is doing in your midst.

TAMI said...

Your confidence IN HIM is beautiful! I prayed for a different blogging friend this week that they would have faith to KNOW the relief is coming, but the peace not to WAIT on it. (If that makes sense?!) Your post today reminds me of the same thing. You KNOW relief is in His hands and you KNOW He'll bring it, but you're LIVING WELL in the meantime, focusing on Him and not the relief. Blessings!!

Molly said...

I tried not to grin as I read. But I couldn't help it. What delight!