Monday, July 20, 2009

women discipling women 09



What timing God has.

Highlights of the weekend:

* I was so washed...showered...drench in the gospel by dear Elyse Fitzpatrick. I felt like a dried out pot and her speaking the gospel to me, filled me up with cold and needed water.

* We are elected, regenerated, justified, adopted, sanctified and glorified for no other reason than that we were chosen "in Him" - Cannot hear that often enough.

* I got to see Molly! Me and Molly BestMy dearest friend from college, my kindred spirit, my bosom friend.

Molly and I went to Europe together and she remains one of the most beautiful, well-read, godly woman I know. I learn so much from her. The weekend was too quick, I could have kept soaking her up like a sponge...that is probably a weird way to say it!

* Molly's daughter Hannah served with the Women Discipling Women Crew. Lord willing, Hannah will be in the Biblical Counseling Program in the near future - she is an amazing young lady.


* Friday Night chocolate chip calzones at Claim Jumper. Oh My mmmm... we shouldn't have, but we did :)


* Hannah's new Converse shoes - love them



* This was a conference about, among other things, biblical counseling. Really, about equipping women to minister using God's word. A fav quote from the weekend:
"The highest science, the loftiest speculation, the mightiest philosophy, which can ever engage the attention of a child of God, is the name, the nature, the person, the work, the doings, and the existence of the great God whom he calls his Father...I know no other which can so comfort the soul; so calm the swelling billows of sorrow and grief; so speak peace to the winds of trial as a devout musing upon the subject of the Godhead."
Charles Spurgeon

No comments: