Thursday, August 6, 2009

music note thingy


I have been really wanting one of these guys for a while now. It is a magnetic music note board - a great aid for my budding music people. About $40 with shipping and handling.



Some things just look too easy to make....so I never bought it. I used a small dry erase board I already had, bought art tape for $3.99 and added some jewled magnets...
I can add more magnets, but I really only need one at a time to test her on which note is which. I also like this because I can quiz on the time signature and it does not need to be too big as I can change it with the marker to be treble cleff or bass cleff. She can identify each note by writing on the correct letter name right on the board.

I can quiz too by writing name of notes that she is to place on music staff. So, now we have a little music note thingy :)


DIY Day @ ASPTL

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea. And the "manipulative" option is just adding one more level of learning. Just super!!

Carly said...

This is so neat! Very clever! :)

Kristi said...

I'm remembering my childhood piano lessons....
FACE face in the space and EGBDF every good boy does fine on the line.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Great idea. I found you through Kimba's linky party. I am a music teacher. I have a ton of those wipe off boards in my classroom but not one in my private studio. I might just have to steal your idea! Have a great weekend!