Monday, December 15, 2008

a christmas favorite - casual decor


Some of you have Pioneer Woman - I have Kimba. She keeps it real and has some really great homey ideas. I am nothing like her, but when I stared and stared at recipe books, some of it wore off on me and I began to cook better. I'm hoping it will happen that way with going to Kimba's blog.





She has this "little" open house thing going on (just kidding, seriously, I will probably be the 5 billionth link today). Its fun to peak in and see festivness happening in homes across the country.


My favorite place to sit has this view. It is by the fireplace, has a place for my coffee, listening to Christmas music. This is a view of the beginning of the season.


this is my garland this year. Inspired by Nesting Place to throw it all in there. Its my frosty the snowman garland - see the corn pipe, top hat and snowballs?





I love pinecones and berries - it keeps it casual.

Here are some view of the sweet treasures collected through the years, like these ornaments made by my mom and I when I was in high school...


This santa and kids plus the santa bag were all painted by my mom when I was little. I just scored them from her last year. Of course, Santa Pack should have little candies in it, but its in the bathroom this year so it gets a candle :)



other little corners of casual christmas fun.....






kids being more naughty than nice....






10 comments:

stephanie h said...

Everything looks great! You have a beautiful home. :)

jennwa said...

Your garland looks great. Thanks for the tour.

Merry Christmas!!!

Molly said...

Beautiful, I can tell you don't have any cement dust on your stuff. And you have a mantle- ours is in our front yard. Great link, too, BTW.

Celestial Charms said...

Such pretty decorations and a lovely family. I scrolled down to read a few of your posts and I really like your blogging style. A little bit of everything, and I homeschool my 5 and 7 year old too, so I'm biased. Thanks for sharing your decorations and visiting my blog as well!

TupeloLove said...

Ooooh, I love your house and your tree looks gorgeous!! It's amazing how Christmas decorations just make your home feel that much cozier for the holidays. I love it all!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Your mantle with the snowman theme is so precious. I love it!! I am so glad you found me, too! :) I am also going to have to remember the book you recommended for when my kids are older. My daughter is two right now and might be a bit young!
Carrie

Terri said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Love that Merry Christmas sign and your garland on the mantel is great! Thanks for the tour!

Manuela

Decor To Adore said...

I came over via Kimba's.
Your decorations are absolutely adorable!
I hope you'll visit soon, I will have my last giveaway of December this Friday.

Miller Family said...

YOur house looks great Paula! So festive! I love the mantel!