Friday, September 26, 2008

Amish-Vision

We do not have television service so we miss out on lots of junk - but also on some good stuff, like the Olympics. My parents have been kind enough to record shows for us that we really want to watch. This is our stack of the 2008 Summer Olympics. I have a large stack of "24" episodes too :)

Nate calls it Amish-Vision ...I think the Phillips kids first coined the phrase. We have gone back and forth about having TV or not. We miss out on sports. I really miss watching baseball games and Brian misses football. I know we would love the history channel and some programs on the biography channel. I love to watch cooking shows and I enjoy the little bit of HGTV that I have seen. I thought by this summer we would have caved, with the Olympics and Presidential news this Fall. But, we are still holding out - for now.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Rose said...

Thats funny...you sound like us. Mario and I like watching football as well. Infact last year we gave in and got cable just to watch the rosebowl game and then turned it off again. My mom records certain things as well for us to watch. I like not having it...we read so much more. When we have cable, I tend to veg out in front of the TV at night to relax. So it's not good for me.

Miller Family said...

We are struggling through the same thing. Its been about 9 years for us! Tony is starting to cave. Tracy was telling me you can get it and always put a freeze on your account. Hmmm?