Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's A Halloween Party

Ok -I have never decorated just for Halloween. I typically just get out the "fall" stuff and enjoy through October and November. But, when did the Halloween decorations get so darn cute!? I just could not resist - I decided its because the decorating got whimsical. Kimba at Soft Place to Land is the inspiration to many of my projects in progress and my new love for spray paint.

Today I am joining the Halloween party and showing a couple of decorations I added this weekend.

This is a before shot of what I am working with....


Stole this idea from a few blogs. They are more sophisticated than me and actually rub on the letters on the pumpkins (fake) and it looks great. I used large letter stickers and just attached to the pumpkins.


Here is boo on the mantle by the spooky tree. I loved this tree. I found it at a thrift store super cheap. You can't see from the picture, but it has a cute face and a place to add a candle.


This was a stretch, but I still like it. I spray painted an old wreath that was not being used anywhere and added a little purple "happy halloween" ribbon. Not sure how it fits with my "peace to all who enter here" door knocker. :)


Just another picture to show you how much southern living I have...



Now go look at all the other entries in the party at Soft Place to Land...her barn star on her door is really adorable, especially on her black door, brick house.......all fun to look at.

18 comments:

Blogger said...

I love your wreath, it looks welcoming to me :) Cute pumpkins with the letters on them, too :)

Nice to meet you!

Bella

Darlene said...

I LOVE your Halloween decorations!! The BOO pumpkins and the wreath turned out GREAT!!

One Shabby Old House said...

Great decorations. I think I have the same pumpkin. It is fun to see how you used yours. I love it
Becky

Holly said...

I especially like the 'boo' pumpkin arrangement...so cute!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

you are so good...i never decorate - i'll go task Jessy....

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

LOVE what you did! I never thought about spray painting a wreath black...way to go!
M.L.

stephanie h said...

The candlebra turned out fab! It all looks great!

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

That's a pretty wreath you made! The boo pumpkins are adorable too!! You did a wonderful job!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I love your BOO pumkins! I think they look great! :)

Caitlin said...

So cute!! I love the mantelpiece, and the white pumpkin is very cool. Great idea for spray painting a wreath... I may steal it.
Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Your BOO pumpkins on the candle holder are SUPER cute... I love the idea! Thanks for sharing~ Jen

Meghan said...

Your decor is adorable.
Great pumpkins!!

I, too, have the same SL pitcher, only in green.

Ashley said...

What a great idea to spray paint a berry wreath. I love it!

Sheila said...

I love the spray painted wreath...I just might have to paint mine!

Kimba said...

Great idea to spray paint the wreath! It looks perfect for halloween.

And I like your take on the Boo pumpkins. Very cute.

Thanks for coming to my party! Happy halloween!
Kimba

Traci said...

I like your wreath a lot!

Anonymous said...

Impressed with your Halloween decorations. Excited to excited to attend the Halloween party.

Anonymous said...

Way to go with the spray paint on the wreath! Isn't it (spray paint) great?!