Wednesday, January 14, 2009

recession roots

Ahh, Bria and I were playing around with the self-timer on my camera and took some shots with the dog.
but all I notice, in every picture, every time I look in the mirror, is what I call my "recession roots". When the grocery budget got cut and we were trying to come up with money for music lessons each month, I just couldn't spend to get my hair done. This made me feel a little, tiny bit better....


Check out her dark roots! Poor Cameron - it is a recession and all. She and I can really relate to these kinds of hard choices. Im sure being a size 2, wearing a pretty dress helped her feel better.

6 comments:

Elizabeth Rose said...

Paula...you crack me up. I love the way you look all the time...you're beautiful! More importantly it's your inner beauty that causes so many to want to be around you. But if you want to feel a little better...come over, we can use a box of color...that's what I do. We can look for sales...sometimes we can get two for $7.00...Cameron Diaz will be jealous.

Unknown said...

Cameron Diaz has NOTHING on you!!!!!

I would weave your hair for you but I ruined Rachel's hair one time. Her mom had to pay big bucks to fix it. I also forgot to rinse it before I pulled the cap off and she was crying....

My First Kitchen said...

Great post. I'm all about some recession exercising. With the economy and all, I needed to cut back somewhere. I decided that working out would take the hit. I'm such a martyr.

I'm so glad you've come by and have found recipes that work for you!! Can't wait to see you again!

Molly said...

Ok, too funny, I thought it was a crown of wisdom. And you are always beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Now, see, your recession roots look pretty, I think. My roots are gray. Gray. Which do not look good, or cool, or Cameron Diaz when they grow in. I just look insane.

Kathy said...

OH TOO FUNNY!!! I have those too:)