Sunday, August 16, 2009

the good, the bad and the reality

"What!? What do you mean you cannot find your school uniform tie!??" It is 9:45 pm, the night before the first day of school.

As if the buzzing noise coming from the pencil sharpener was not annoying me enough!

Seriously, when going through the check list of what to have ready for the first day of school, did we forget the tie?

"We" also only have PE shorts because "we" lost required PE shirt before the end of the last school year.

"Did you print out your summer paper?"
"It is not due until Wednesday, that gives me two more days, it is near done and I won't have any homework the first few days of school. I just don't want to think about it right now. Let me enjoy my last day of summer!"

So, the nagging has begun. The excuses flown around and my head starts pounding.

How sad. The vacation clothes are barely washed and put away. Really? Is it time?

What did I learn from last year?
Trust God.
Let Go.
My kids are His.
Relax.
Enjoy them.
Love them.
Train don't Nag.

He went to bed without a nice goodnight. Without prayers with me.

His mercies are new every morning.

No comments: