Monday, January 25, 2010

I Heart Saturday AND....pillow covers from mom!

My mom can sew. Me - not so much. But, I have so many ideas that just need a stitch here and there... nothing MAJOR. So, her having a new little machine works out PERFECT for me :)
I wanted to add this fabric somewhere.....I thought covering my favorite throw pillows would be a good use.
My mom surprised me with some really cute touches! She used velcro to attach the one of the sides so that I could easily take out my former beloved pillows.

But, what I did not know she would do was to add these buttons - which were my grandmothers.....


and she picked out this cute ribbon for the inside.....


more buttons...each pillow is different...I love!


3 comments:

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! The name came from a former home of ours--we had this adorable wooden door set in brick all covered in ivy. It made us think of a hobbits home. We hope one day to have another "hobbbit home." :)

Carri Roman said...

Mom's are the best!! When my mom comes over she loves to do projects with me. Love the pillows!!

Scooper said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. In response to your question, my walls are "Montgomery White," a color from Benjamin Moore. It looks like cream on the swatch but is actually the most beautiful light warm yellow. I love it and it seems to be a great background for anything.